At the Ohio Student Nurses Association we are committed to meeting the needs of our members every single day. We are here to help you to start your career off on the right foot and to be the best Registered Nurse you can be. In addition, our Bylaws formalize this mission by defining our association culture and philosophy.
The purpose of OhSNA is:
- To assume responsibility for contributing to nursing education in order to provide for the highest quality health care.
- To provide programs representative of the fundamental and current professional interests and concerns, and
- To aid in the development of the whole person, his/her professional role, and his/her responsibility for the health care of people in all walks of life.
The functions of OhSNA shall include the following:
- To have direct input into the standards of nursing education and influence the education process
- To influence health care, nursing education and practice through legislative activities as appropriate
- To promote and encourage participation in community affairs and activities towards improved health care and the resolution of related social issues
- To represent nursing students to the consumer, to institutions and other organizations
- To promote and encourage student participation in interdisciplinary activities
- To promote and encourage recruitment efforts, participation in student activities, and educational opportunities regardless of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, marital status, lifestyle, disability or economic status
- To promote and encourage collaborative relationships within nursing professionals, as well as related health organizations