OhSNA is looking to fill the position of Legislative Director!
The Legislative Director coordinates and collaborates to receive resolution submissions from Ohio school chapters to be presented at our state convention on October 5th at Capital University. The Legislative Director will review these submissions and provide edits with the Resolutions Committee to prepare them for final submission. The term for this position begins May 20th and ends October 5th of this year.
The Legislative Director shall:
- Serve as chair of the Legislative Committee of which the primary responsibility is that of encouraging the establishment of legislative projects in each local chapter.
- Be responsible for coordination legislative information among the constituents and keep the membership updated on legislative and health care issues affecting nursing.
- Chair the Resolutions Committee and be responsible for collaboration with the local chapters to submit a minimum of one resolution per year to both the state and national levels.
- Serve as a liaison to the Ohio Nurses Association by representing OhSNA as a member of the ONA Legislative Committee.
- Organize a statewide legislative project